WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Network And Create Opportunities With
- Local and International OEMs
- Tier 1 Suppliers
- Material Suppliers
- Equipment And Service Suppliers
With The Following Job Titles:
Technical Directors, General Managers, Department Managers, Senior Engineers, Senior Specialists, Technical Specialists, Senior Researchers from...
- Body Structures
- Body In White
- Self Piercing Rivets
- New Technologies
- Sheet Metal
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Lightweight Engineering
- Operations/R&D Centers
- Welding Suppliers(Ultrasonic Welding, Laser Welding)
- Bonding Suppliers
- Fastening Suppliers (SPRs)
- Adhesive Suppliers ....
- Forming Technology Suppliers
- Coatings/ Corrosion Protection
- Component Suppliers
- Additive Manufacturing For Vehicle Components/DMLS
- Steel Suppliers
- Aluminum Suppliers
- Magnesium Suppliers
- Advanced Composite Suppliers(I.E. Carbon Fiber Composites)
- Recycling/Scrap Metal
Day One: Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Advances And Best Practices In Mixed-Material Forming, Joining, Welding, Adhesive Bonding, Additive Manufacturing, Simulation Of Processes For Greater Manufacturing Efficiency
08:30 Virtual Event Platform Opens. Login and familiarize yourself with the platform features and introduce yourself to other participants
09:15 Welcome And Introduction by American Business Conferences
Advances In Joining, Forming And Bonding For Optimized Lightweighting
09:20 Part A - How are Companies Solving Real-World Challenges In Joining, Forming, Processing, Lightweighting, and Materials Manufacturing Since Covid
- What has been the impact of COVID on the supply chain and the OEMS's - how has the process of sourcing materials been impacted?
- What are the factors that are now impacting the future strategies for restarting commercially viable automotive production?
- What challenges does the industry currently face in implementing new manufacturing technologies?
- Is it 'lightweighting and manufacturing as normal?'
Part B - What are the lessons for innovation from experiences in aerospace, motorsport and other industries? What innovative technologies have they implemented and what results have been achieved?
John Catterall, Vice President, Automotive Program, American Iron and Steel Institute
Dr Jerry Jones, Professor and Inventor, Process Research and Development, EnergYnTech, Oklahoma Wind Technology Facility and Colorado School Of Mines
Boris Baumler, VP Technology, Deprag
09:40 Virtual Questions & Discussion
09:50 Body In White Materials: North American Market Overview
This presentation will cover the current materials used in North American Body Structures, their respective market shares as well as the particular disruptions within different material markets
Edwin Pope, Principal Analyst, Global Lightweighting,IHS Markit
10:10 Virtual Question & Answer Session
MANUFACTURING PROCESS MODELLING
10:20 Advances In Engineering And Manufacturing Process Modeling And Assembly Simulation For Faster Vehicle Launch In The Market At Lower Cost
- Enabling a new generation of lightweight, flexibly assembled ICEVs, BEVs and PHEVs with leader-in-class quality
Dr. Ing. Fouad el Khaldi, Strategy and Innovation General Manager, ESI Group
Dr. Saurabh Aggarwal, Market Strategy & Business Development Manager,ESI Group
Arthur Camanho, Smart Manufacturing Director, ESI Group
10:50 Virtual Question & Answer Session
11.00 Refreshment Break. Participants can visit the Virtual Exhibition Area
CLOSED LOOP SIMULATIONS
11:30 Novel Lightweight Highway Vehicle Development Via 'Closed Loop' CAE Simulations And Physical Testing
- Trends in lightweighing highway transportation vehicles
- Using raw material characteristics in CAE simulation for optimal design performance
- Application of closed-loop analysis and testing design process
- Development of large vehicle assemblies for efficient manufacture
Dr. Andrzej Wylezinski PE, Principal Research Scientist,Wabash National Corp.
11.55 Virtual Question & Answer Session
12:00 Multi-Scale Modeling And Simulation Of Vehicle Parts Development And Manufacturing Involving Composite Materials
- Overcoming the challenges in more intricate modelling of structural parts with discontinuous, non-homogeneous composite materials including carbon or other bases
- Case examples of modelling plasticity, damage, and failure aspects of metal alloys for use in automotive component development
- Simulating the whole process including structural behaviour under both joining and crash,
Dr. Venkat Aitharaju, Staff Researcher, Polymer Composites, R&D Technical Center and Principal Investigator, Department of Energy Project, General Motors
12.25 Virtual Question & Answer Session
FLOW FASTENER ASSEMBLY
12:30 Innovations In Joining Using Flow Fastening Technology For Greater Flexibility And Efficiency
Boris Baeumler, VP-Technology, DEPRAG, Inc.
12.55 Virtual Question & Answer Session
13:00 Lunch Break. Participants can visit the Virtual Exhibition Area. Networking Lounges Open for Virtual Meetings
Solving Real World Challenges In Joining And Welding Dissimilar Materials
MULTI MATERIAL WELDING
15:00 Multi Material-Welding - Next Generation Joining Technology For Lightweight And Multi-Material Designs
- Can an innovation from the medical industry revolutionize the automotive world?
- Adopting MultiMaterial-Welding technology to enable joining of different materials by creating a mechanical form-lock
- Addressing the challenges of vehicle manufacture from lightweight design to cost reduction in manufacturing processes
- MultiMaterial-Welding as a joining technology platform - multiple technologies, tools and software solutions for real-time, non-destructive quality control based on machine learning
Gregor Eckhard, CEO, MultiMaterial-Welding
Matthias Mitter, Category Manager, Bossard
15:25 Virtual Question & Answer Session
15:30 Refreshment Break. Participants Can Visit The Virtual Exhibition Area
16:00 A New Thread-Forming Fastener for High Strength Steels
Why traditional thread-forming fasteners fail in high strength steel
- The development of a new technology, Rolok® HS®
- Rolok® HS® testing results in HSLA and Gen 1 steels
- Rolok® HS® testing results in Gen 3 1200MPa steel
- Fastening guidelines for high strength steels
Dr. Brandt Ruszkiewicz, Product Development Manager, Semblex Corp.
16.25 Virtual Question & Answer Session
HYBRID MIG AND FSW
16:35 What Can We Learn From Experiences With Joining Best Practices In Aerospace And Other Industries For Automotive Applications?
Focus On Advances In Hybrid Metal Inert Gas (MIG) Welding And Friction Stir Welding (FSW) Processes
- Solving real world challenges in joining and welding dissimilar materials
- Exploring how other industries do their manufacturing
- Key thinking on their processes and learnings for automotive
Dr. Jerry Jones, Professor and Inventor, Process Research and Development, EnergYnTech, Oklahoma Wind Technology Facility and Colorado School Of Mines
17.00 Virtual Question & Answer Session
17:10 Chair's Day One Closing Remarks
Continuing Its Annual Output Of Technical Discussions And Networking Opportunities
This Summit Brings Together The Latest OEM Case Studies Looking At The Joining, Forming And Manufacturing Of Lightweight Materials
This exciting two-day agenda will feature the latest case studies on the practical application of the latest manufacturing technologies for joining, forming and quality assurance applicable to a wide spectrum of materials. Looking at the most suitable manufacturing processes for diverse strength aluminum, steel, magnesium and composites, no similar event will provide the same depth of knowledge and level of details to aid the cost effective and process efficient adoption of new technologies.